In 1774, the count and painter Francesco Ottavio Magnocavallo moved to the farm, adding the characteristic Gothic-style double arches and four-leaf clover to the façade and attic windows – a preserved architectural feature that is still today a characteristic feature of the structure.
The annexed chapel of the building was added in 1860. On August 16 of that year, the bishop of Casale Monferrato, Monsignor Ferrè, consecrated the chapel dedicated to Saint Giovanni Battista. The chapel is in neoclassical and Napoleonic style with large interior columns in Doric-Corinthian style.
After Magnocavallo’s time, the property has been owned by several families before it was bought by the Colombo family in 1988. The property then underwent extensive restoration and modernization in line with the property’s 500-year history.
The property was run as a B&B for 30 years, before changing owners again. Marit Ringvoll and Gaute Gerotti Skjørestad bought the property in 2020, and runs the farm as an inviting B&B today.
The building is listed by the National Institute of Belle Arti and is listed as a significant “monitored site” in the Penango area.